The Best of the Fest – a retrospective of the 2020 Durban International Blues Festival featuring performances from both local and international artists. Restrictions were lifted allowing us to host a small intimate show at the Rhumbelow Theatre in Durban with our local artists however international travel was still not allowed so performances come directly from the international artists’ homes, all who had previously performed at the DIBF. We hope that you enjoy the show and we cannot wait until we can all be back together again.
Archive for the ‘2020’ Category
Sunday 6th December brings the 16th consecutive Durban International Blues Festival to a close for the year!
There is no better way than to do this with the much loved and somewhat “ traditional” Blues Summit where artists are invited by the DIBF, to participate in a “ jam session” and this year the program features Sifiso Cele, Roland Suttie, Keith Fordyce, Smoke, plus more!
Whilst the entire program is fantastic- they say, don’t they “keep the best till last “and you should not miss this.
The venue will be open from 12 noon and your family and friends can enjoy your own picnic basket or buy food from the venue (see food and drink under News section) and a cash bar.
The show itself will commence at 1.45 pm
The Rhumbelow Theatre is welcoming and intimate and a perfect venue for the who family…just the way the Durban International Blues Festival like it too. A perfect fit!
Please know that your own drinks and alcohol is NOT PERMITTED – there is a cash bar!
Bring food picnic baskets if you like- or buy from Kevin: The Rhumbelow Theatre serves light meals (burgers, chicken strips, wors rolls etc) and a full cash bar with a selection of beers, wines and soft drinks.
When at the Rhumbelow Theatre – please observe these protocols
For the three nightly performances of this year’s Durban International Blues Festival, please remember that the venue has GOT TO comply with Covid rules laid out by law)
HEALTH AND SAFETY REGARDING VENUES
- All staff will be issued with Face shields.
- All staff will be issued with Mouth and nose coverings.
- All venues & equipment will be fogged and sanitized before and after each show.
- Hand sanitiser and surface cleaner are available at all our venues to ensure safety.
- Where possible windows and doors will be kept open to ensure max ventilation.
- All venues will have demarcations to ensure social distancing on arrival and in the venues.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR PATRONS
- Patrons need to wear a face and nose covering at all times in the venue except when eating or drinking.
- All patrons will have their temperatures taken on arrival at the venue.
- All patrons will be required to complete an indemnity form, travel & Covid form & an attendance register with all appropriate information including confirmation of co-habiting/family/socialising groups when attending.
- All patrons will be hand sanitized on arrival.
- All patrons will be requested to bring hand sanitizer with them to the venue.
- Any patron who does not meet the required Health & Safety protocols and temperature check will be refused entry.
- Patrons above the age of 60 or a person with co-morbidities will be discouraged from attending performances. (Government Guidelines – – please be guided by your own health status)