Archive for the ‘2020’ Category
Sunday 6th December brings the 16th consecutive Durban International Blues Festival to a close for the year!
There is no better way than to do this with the much loved and somewhat “ traditional” Blues Summit where artists are invited by the DIBF, to participate in a “ jam session” and this year the program features Sifiso Cele, Roland Suttie, Keith Fordyce, Smoke, plus more!
Whilst the entire program is fantastic- they say, don’t they “keep the best till last “and you should not miss this.
The venue will be open from 12 noon and your family and friends can enjoy your own picnic basket or buy food from the venue (see food and drink under News section) and a cash bar.
The show itself will commence at 1.45 pm
The Rhumbelow Theatre is welcoming and intimate and a perfect venue for the who family…just the way the Durban International Blues Festival like it too. A perfect fit!
Please know that your own drinks and alcohol is NOT PERMITTED – there is a cash bar!
Bring food picnic baskets if you like- or buy from Kevin: The Rhumbelow Theatre serves light meals (burgers, chicken strips, wors rolls etc) and a full cash bar with a selection of beers, wines and soft drinks.
When at the Rhumbelow Theatre – please observe these protocols
For the three nightly performances of this year’s Durban International Blues Festival, please remember that the venue has GOT TO comply with Covid rules laid out by law)
HEALTH AND SAFETY REGARDING VENUES
- All staff will be issued with Face shields.
- All staff will be issued with Mouth and nose coverings.
- All venues & equipment will be fogged and sanitized before and after each show.
- Hand sanitiser and surface cleaner are available at all our venues to ensure safety.
- Where possible windows and doors will be kept open to ensure max ventilation.
- All venues will have demarcations to ensure social distancing on arrival and in the venues.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR PATRONS
- Patrons need to wear a face and nose covering at all times in the venue except when eating or drinking.
- All patrons will have their temperatures taken on arrival at the venue.
- All patrons will be required to complete an indemnity form, travel & Covid form & an attendance register with all appropriate information including confirmation of co-habiting/family/socialising groups when attending.
- All patrons will be hand sanitized on arrival.
- All patrons will be requested to bring hand sanitizer with them to the venue.
- Any patron who does not meet the required Health & Safety protocols and temperature check will be refused entry.
- Patrons above the age of 60 or a person with co-morbidities will be discouraged from attending performances. (Government Guidelines – – please be guided by your own health status)
Bring a few extra shekels with as William Matthews ( Concorde Printers ) and Team will be selling the much wanted “Blues“ t-shirts again and artists will bring their CD’s to sell nightly. Cost R150ea – sizes small and very big are limited, medium/large and x-large are plenty!
First come! First serve!
Watch this page and FaceBook Pages -Durban International Blues Festival / Friends of The Durban International Blues Festival and Tanya van Agthoven Marais page for more information and ongoing top-ups.
Just take your MEASUREMENTS AND SEND THEM TO WILLIAM!
William Matthews (Concorde Printers) has been part of the DURBAN INTERNATIONAL BLUES FESTIVAL from day one and as part of the team, created the much loved and much sought after Merchandise many of the blues lovers in Durban are wearing!
William has created a new tee which will be on sale at the DURBAN INTERNATIONAL BLUES FESTIVAL (taking place at the Rhumbelow Theatre 4 – 6 Dec 2020) and you can PRE ORDER a long sleeve shirt at R375 or a short-sleeved shirt at R350.
PAYMENT is upfront and then your shirt will be cut 🙂 and you can do this via eft, Zapper or Payfast where details will be supplied shortly.
William Matthews is on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0836506000 for more info